Thursday, June 18, 2009

Half-assed Apologies

While I'm on the subject of negativity, I'd like to acknowldge that, from time to time, I can go a bit too far. I was looking at a previous post I'd written called "I truly hate the well-intentioned". I was shocked by the level of vitriol that I had expressed in that post. I don't think I was being so much negative as I was being mean. I must have been really pissed off about someting or on my period to write so meanspiritedly about people who mean well (and the Pacifica listening audience). Sorry to those who were the targets of my meanspirited commentary (and there were particular people that I had in mind writing it). Though I'm apologizing for the level of meanness, I'm not, however, taking abck the sentiment that I had expressed in that post. I still think that people who say that the solution for racism is race-mixing are more than a little misguided in their "solution" for the problem. If you think about it, their solution may be worse than the cure. But I don't want to open up that can of worms today.

No comments:

Post a Comment